Strengthening the management of the tomato growth period is the key to high yield and efficiency. The management of the growth period includes cultivating and weeding, storing water to protect moisture, erecting and binding vines, pruning and cutting branches, removing old leaves, ventilating and translucent light, strengthening the prevention and control of pests, and strengthening temperature Management and other measures, today seeds manufacturer will introduce the field management techniques of tomatoes.
1. Choose good varieties
For open field tomato cultivation, select varieties with strong stress resistance, fruit cracking resistance, disease resistance and insect resistance.
2. Timely planting
Apply enough base fertilizer before planting. Apply 2500-3000 kilograms of high-quality organic fertilizer and 20 kilograms of compound fertilizer per mu. Strong seedlings are used for planting, about 3000 plants per mu.
Tomatoes are fertilizer-loving and fat-tolerant vegetables and require a large amount of fertilizer. The base fertilizer is the main source of nutrients needed for tomato field growth. Therefore, the base fertilizer must be applied enough at one time.
3. Field management
(1) When tomatoes are planted, the root water should be watered once, and the amount of water should not be too much;
After the tomato is planted, the irrigation time has a great influence on plant growth.
(2) When the tomato is about 30 cm tall, set up a support to prevent lodging;
The first inflorescence of the plant must be supported after setting fruit to prevent lodging. Topdressing and watering are carried out before the support.
(3) After the slow seedling to the first flowering and fruit setting period, if there is no special drought, generally do not water;
From the stage of tomato emergence to flowering, there is a saying called "squatting seedlings", which is to control water to achieve the purpose of developing the root system. Just like it needs water, if you don't give it water, its root system will naturally grow down and its stem will become thicker.
(4) When tomatoes bloom, they are prone to high temperature, which is not easy for pollination and fertilization, and it is not easy to set fruit;
Temperature management of tomatoes:
It is necessary to increase the ventilation of the shed during the day to keep the temperature in the shed at about 25°C. The night temperature is kept between 10-13°C. When starting to release the air, the vent should be increased from small to large, from less to more. After the temperature drops in the afternoon, the vent should be gradually reduced or closed.
(5) Prune and cut branches in time, and remove diseased leaves, branches and fruits at the same time. In order to improve field ventilation and reduce the occurrence of pests and diseases.
(6) During the hot and dry weather from June to July, pay attention to strengthening the prevention and control of virus diseases. At the same time, aphids, thrips and other pests that spread disease sources are controlled.
Tomato diseases can be prevented and difficult to treat, so "prevention" should be the main focus.
Virus disease prevention methods include: selection of disease-resistant varieties, seed disinfection, stubble fields, prevention and control of aphids, and early planting at an appropriate time.
Our company provides best tomato seeds.